Framingham, MA Personal Injury Lawyer Profile
Serving the Areas Around Natick, Marlboro, and Milford, MA
Morton J. Shuman was born April 4, 1934, in Boston. A graduate of Boston University College of Arts and Sciences and Boston University Law School, Attorney Shuman was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 1960 and to the bars of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the First Circuit of Appeals. Following law school, he worked in New York City as a Claims Manager where he gained experience handling personal injury and worker’s compensation claims nationally.
In 1967 he took a position as an attorney with a maritime law firm until 1977. In 1978, he joined the law firm of Ravech & Aronson, P.C. and in 1982, he was made a partner and the firm became Ravech, Aronson & Shuman, P.C. In 1995, Attorney Shuman opened his own law office in Framingham, located at 855 Worcester Road, which is limited to personal injury, worker’s compensation and Social Security Disability.
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Member of the Board of Directors of South Middlesex Bar Association 1999 to 2006
- Vice President of South Middlesex Bar Association 2002 – 2003
- President of South Middlesex Bar Association September, 2003 – 2004
- Member of MetroWest Chamber of Commerce 2000 – 2008
- Member of the Rotary Club 2004 – 2008
- Fraternity – Zeta Beta Tau – Boston University Chapter
- 2000 – 2002 Member of the Town of Framingham Economic Development Industrial Commission.
- 2000 – 2008 Community Development Block Grant Committee
- 2000- 2006 Member of the Town of Framingham – Start Partnership
- 2003 – 2008 Framingham Council of Aging
- 2005 – Appointed to Downtown Task Force
- 2006 – Elected to Framingham Town Meeting from Precinct 7
- 2006 – Appointed Board of Directors for Framingham Public Access Television
- 2008 – Elected 2 Year Term Framingham Public Access Corporation
- 2010 – Elected President of Framingham Public Access Corporation